My name is Pardeep Goyal and my friends call me A Kanjoos Baniya. I acquired this name from my friends in college time because of my habit of saving money.
I never bought anything at the full price in my life because of my negotiation skills.
I learned this money saving skill as a child from our Baniya community & culture. We are known for saving money and growing business but people misinterpret with Kanjoosi (Frugality).
Anyways, I feel proud of what I am doing and I am sharing the same money saving & earning tips on my blog.
More than 100,000 people read my blog every month to improve their financial life.
I started my blog in May, 2015 and after 18 months made my first income from blog.
You can read the income reports
- First Blogging Income Report (Rs. 60,000 in Aug 2016)
- From 0 to Rs. 2,00,000 per month from blogging – Annual Income Report FY 2017
- Scaling from 2 Lakh to 5 Lakh per month income from a blog – Annual Income Report FY 2018
I started blogging without being proficient at writing and the journey has been amazing so far.
Let me tell you my story how it started.
I failed at two startups that I started between 2013 & 2015. I lost almost all my savings that I had from 7 years of my IT job. We incurred losses of Rs. 15,00,000 in the first startup itself.
I was staring outside the window and clueless about what to do next in my life.
Two successive failures. Lost well paying job. Savings drying up quickly with Rs. 50,000 monthly expenses to run my house.
I felt stuck as I didn’t have any secondary source of income, my wife was not earning and I had a son (2.5 years) who would be joining school in a couple of months.
Everyone in my family asked me to get back to job. But I said NO.
I wanted to do one more attempt (just last one) to get the success in entrepreneurship and business. But this time by growing slow & without thinking about raising funds from investors.
I came up with this simple strategy
- Spending 30% time in earning through freelancing
- Investing 70% time in growing my own blog & website (just for the sake of learning new skills)
My wife supported in my decision. (Trust me, it was the riskiest decision we took in our life)
That’s how I started my blog but could not make money until Aug 2016. When I started making money then there was no looking back.
CashOverflow won the Best Blogging Award from Indiblogger in 2017.
Today we have a blogging business that is giving us more than 10 Lakh monthly revenue. I have a 7 members team who are experimenting with more ways of growing business.
This has enabled me to live my dream lifestyle without worrying about money or getting fired for underperformance. I enjoy month long vacations twice a year and take mini retirements.
- Staying in Goa for a month in the budget of 4 days vacation
- Enjoying 50 days in Thailand with Family even when I was earning just 80,000 per month
- A month long road trip from Chandigarh to Karnataka (without burning our pockets)
I have not published articles of our 2 month long vacation in Bali in 2017 and Chiang Mai in 2018.
I am helping thousands of people through my articles so that they can also live the life of freedom. I could create an impact with blogging which I didn’t even imagine was possible few years back.
My mentor told me, “You keep on giving the world without any expectation. The universe will take care of you”. I started taking baby steps and embraced the culture of giving. Amazing things started happening to me when I started giving value to my readers without any expectations.
Even though the startup was a failure I learnt a lot about product development, idea validation, marketing which was quite useful later on in my life. I always believe that there is nothing wrong with failing as long as you learn something from that failure.
You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So, you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future – Steve Jobs
Even though I love to save money wherever possible, but I know that something else will give me a true financial freedom.
Saving & Investing Money
I made a lot of money from the stock market but I don’t share tips. It’s not because I want to hide something, but because stock tips won’t work for you. Your risk capacity and waiting period is different from me. I don’t suggest you to follow tips from any expert. Do your own homework and invest as per your own understanding.
- Apply for a best credit card of 2018 from my curated list
- Review of Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card (My favorite card)
- 7 Ways to Invest in Stock Markets (Beginner’s Guide)
- How I made a lot of money from the stocks, after quitting my job
- Best Demat & Trading Account in India in 2018
There is an upper limit on your investments. You can not invest more than what you can save from your salary. You must not invest a borrowed money either. More over you put your savings on a risk when you invest in high yield investments like mutual funds and stocks.
Money earned from a side business is less risky and more sustainable than the money earned from investments.
- 11 Ways to Earn Money Online without Investment
- 100 Ideas of starting online business (with less than Rs. 5000 investment)
Did I miss anything?
Thank You For Being Here
I am not sure what was your purpose of visiting my website. I don’t know who referred you to my website.
I would love to know more about you, your passions, your dreams and what are your plans to achieve your financial goals.
If you are ready for starting up your online business, then here are a few helpful links for you.
- Start a website or blog within few minutes
- Compare the best web hosting companies before making a purchase
- Resources and Tools that I recommend for business building.
Any question? Ask in the comments.