I am an entrepreneur, storyteller and a finance geek. My friends call me ‘a Kanjoos Baniya’ (A frugal guy) but I have no shame in accepting this name, in fact I feel proud of it.
More than 100,000 people read my blog every month to improve their financial life.
- One side of CashOverflow is about finding ways to save money (on travel, shopping, taxes) that most of the people fail to see.
- The other side of CashOverflow is about earning a passive income from a side business so that money overflows in your accounts, resulting abundance in your life.
No one became rich by saving pennies
Even though I love to save money wherever possible, but I know that something else will give me a true financial freedom.
I believe that people become stronger when they have a passive source of income. There should not be any financial dependency on the employer. I want people to come out of the trap of 9-5 jobs.
Some good people helped me when I was struggling in my life. Now I am taking small steps to help you.
- I write articles from my personal experiences.
- I do not preach about retirement, investment in real estate or buying insurance as an investment.
- You would see less theory and more practice advice.
- I am learning how to keep the balance between my greed of money and helping my readers free of cost.
You can start your entrepreneurial journey risk-free.
Join this free blogging course if you want to learn content marketing.
My Journey as an Entrepreneur
I started CashOverflow in May 2015 and published 30 articles in 18 months. I am a credit card lover and I save more than 10,000 rupees every year with credit cards. I turned my passion into my business. If you are looking for a credit card then you can pick a best credit card for you from my curated list.
Before that, I failed at two startups and lost almost all of my saved money. But I learned freelancing, content marketing, and so much about business building that I was able to generate money from CashOverflow in September 2016.
I am living my dream life without worrying about my salary or getting fired for under performance in my work. I enjoy month long vacations twice a year. No matter how much money I make, I still enjoy saving money wherever possible.
You will find my advice in three categories.
You can read really cool money hacks to save money on shopping and travel.
- 13 Simple Yet Effective Tips To Save Money On Shopping In India
- Easiest Ways Of Earning Cashback With Credit Cards In India
- Hacking Two Month Long Foreign Vacation (Even When My Salary was 80,000 Rs)
I made a lot of money from the stock market but I don’t share tips. It’s not because I want to hide something, but because stock tips won’t work for you. Your risk capacity and waiting period is different from me. I don’t suggest you to follow tips from any expert. Do your own homework and invest as per your own understanding.
- How To Balance Cash, FD And Equity In Your Portfolio
- Accidentally, I made a lot of money from the stocks, after quitting my job
- How To Put Your Finances On Auto Mode
There is an upper limit on your investments. You can not invest more than what you can save from your salary. You must not invest a borrowed money either. More over you put your savings on a risk when you invest in high yield investments like mutual funds and stocks.
Money earned from a side business is less risky and more sustainable than the money earned from investments.
You should always make a second source of income. Internet gives you a lot of power. People are making tons of money, so can you.
- How I Left My Job And Started Living A Salary Free Life
- How a CA turned down his job and started profitable online business
- How a travel blogger left her home and funded her travel through blogging
- My Annual Income Report – From Rs. 0 To 2,00,000 Monthly Revenue in 6 months
Did I miss anything?
Thank You For Being Here
I am not sure what was your purpose of visiting my website. I don’t know who referred you to my website.
I would love to know more about you, your passions, your dreams and what are your plans to achieve your financial goals.
If you are ready for starting up your online business, then here are a few helpful links for you.
- Start a website
- Compare the best web hosting companies before making a purchase
- Resources and Tools that I recommend for business building.
Any question? Ask in the comments.