I have listed the best credit card which gives you benefits in the form of cashback and redemption benefits on your movie spends.
You can use your RBL Platinum Maxima card not only to get extra benefits while booking movie tickets but also get extra rewards point for other spends.
On movie tickets – RBL card gives you one complimentary ticket (for free up to Rs. 200) when you purchase 2 or more tickets. This way you can save Rs. 2400 (200×12) every year or can enjoy the movie with one more friend or family member for free each time.
On others spends- You get 5X reward points on every time you spend on dining, entertainment, utility bill payments, fuel and making international purchases.
Annual Fee – Rs. 2000 ( you can request for waiver, which is usually accepted). Plus you also get 8000 bonus reward points equivalent to annual fees.
- 2 complimentary domestic lounges visit
- 5X Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent (on dining, entertainment, utility bill payments, fuel and international purchases)
- 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent
- 10,000 bonus reward points on spending Rs. 2 lakhs
- Additional 10,000 bonus reward points on spending Rs. 3.5 lakhs
ICICI Sapphiro is a premium lifestyle card with privileges across travel, entertainment, golf and dining.
The card offers Rs. 500 off on the second ticket (highest offer when compared with other credit cards). You can avail this offer twice in a month. Which means you can save up to Rs. 12,000 (1000*12) every year on movie tickets.
- First Year – Rs. 6,500
- Second Year – Rs. 3,500 (spend Rs. 6 Lakhs in the previous year to get a waiver)
Welcome Gift & Milestone Benefits
You get a total of Rs. 10,000 worth of welcome gift vouchers combined from brands like Shoppers Stop, EaseMyTrip, Ola, Zomato and Croma.
ICICI Sapphiro gives 4,000 payback points on spending Rs. 4 Lakhs. Thereafter, you get 2000 payback each time you cross Rs. 1 Lakh of spend. A maximum of 20,000 payback point can be accumulated in a year.
The payback point can be redeemed for a statement credit of equivalent rupee value (100 payback points = Rs. 25).
- Earn 2 points on domestic and 4 for international spends (Mastercard variant)
- Earn 3 points on domestic and 6 for international spends (Platinum Amex)
- Get 1 point for spending on fuel, utilities and insurance
- Get 4 domestic lounge visits per quarter
- Enjoy 2 international lounge and 2 domestic airport spa visits per year
- Get 4 complimentary rounds of golf every month
- 15% savings on dining bills at over 2,500+ restaurants across India
- 1% fuel surcharge waived off
The Elite card is one of the top premium credit card in India with a long list of privileges and benefits. The list includes Trident/ Vistara membership, domestic & international lounge access, concierge services, lowest forex markups and elite rewards for shopping and online spends.
For movie lovers, the Elite card is a treat, with free movie tickets worth Rs. 6000 to grab.
You can book 2 tickets with a maximum discount of Rs. 250 per ticket. Overall, the discount is valid for at least 2 tickets per booking per month. So, annually you get 250x2x12 = Rs. 6000 worth of free movie tickets.
Annual fee – Rs. 4999 (spend Rs. 10 lakh and get an annual fee waiver)
Welcome & Milestone Gift
- A welcome gift worth Rs. 5,000, from an array of travel and lifestyle brands
- 10,000 points each on achieving annual spends of Rs. 3 Lakhs and 4 Lakhs
- 15,000 points each on achieving annual spends of Rs. 5 Lakhs and 8 Lakhs
So, you can earn up to 50,000 reward points worth Rs. 12,500 per year. The reward points can be redeemed through SBI reward program.
- Get 5X reward points on dining, departmental stores and grocery spends
- Earn 2 reward points per Rs. 100 on all other spends, except fuel
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver
- 2 complimentary domestic airport lounge visits every quarter
- 6 complimentary Airport Lounge visits per year, outside India
Amex Membership rewards credit card gives reward points on adding money to wallets like Paytm, and Amazon Pay.
I usually earn 1,000 bonus rewards points every month worth Rs. 400 simply by adding monies into my wallets. To get the reward points you should add Rs. 1000 each in 4 transactions.
The wallet can then be used to pay for movie tickets bookings. There are chances that you may find some additional discounts while using wallets for bookings. This way you can spend Rs. 400×12= 4800 rupees (free on cost) on movie tickets.
- First Year – Rs. 1000
- Second Year – Rs. 4500
(spend Rs. 1.5 Lakhs for 100% fee waiver. On spends between Rs. 90,000 to Rs. 1,49,999, you only get 50% waiver)
You can save up to 12.50% every month with Membership Rewards Card
Bonus points earned on spending (Rs. 1000×4) Rs. 4000 = 1000. Add regular reward points (1 per Rs. 50 ) = 80 (4000/50*1). Total Points = 1080
Value of reward points* = Rs. 495 (11000/24000*1080) (Rupee value of 24000 rewards points = Rs. 11000, as per website)
Savings % = 495/4000×100 = ~12.50%
- Earn 1000 points for (4×1000) Rs. 4000 transaction every month
- Earn 1 point for every Rs. 50 spent
- Get 1% fuel surcharge waiver
- Get 4,000 reward points as welcome gifts
- Get 5000 reward points on first renewal
- 20% off while dining at select restaurant partners.
ICICI Coral credit card offers 2 complimentary movie tickets valued at Rs. 250 each, every month under the buy one get one free offer. You can avail the offer for bookings done on BookMyShow and INOX movies only.
This way you can annually have Rs. 6000 (250x2x12) worth of free movie tickets.
Annual Fee – Rs. 500 (spend Rs. 1,50,000 and get next year fee waiver)
- 2000 payback points on spending Rs. 2,00,000 in a year
- 1000 payback points each time you cross Rs. 1 Lakh spend thereafter (maximum you can have 10,000 points in a year)
- Earn 2 payback points on every Rs. 100 (except fuel)
- Get 1 payback point on every Rs. 100 spent on utilities and insurance
- 15% savings on dining bills at over 2500+ restaurants
- One complimentary domestic airport lounge and railway lounge visit per quarter
Yes Preferred is an all-rounder credit card which offers great reward points, lounge benefits, along with an impressive discount on movies.
With Yes Preferred card you can get a 25% discount on all movie bookings at BookMyShow websites and app. You can save a maximum of Rs. 250 every month while booking tickets.
Besides, that you can earn lots of rewards points on Yes Preferred card. 15,000 points for a welcome, 10,000 points on renewal and 20,000 points as milestone benefits.
Each retail spend entitles you 8 rewards points worth Rs. 2, which can help you save up to 2% on all your shopping.
Welcome & Milestone Benefit
- Get 15,000 reward points on the first transaction within 90 days of card setup
- 10,000 reward points as renewal benefits
- 20,000 bonus reward points on achieving milestone spend of Rs. 7.5 Lakhs
Annual fee – Rs. 2500
- Get 8 reward points on every Rs. 100 of retail spend
- Earn 1000 reward points on each YES PayNow registration
- Preferential foreign currency markup of 1.75% only
- 1% surcharge waiver at all fuel stations (spend of Rs. 400 to Rs. 5,000)
- Domestic Lounge access (3 visits per quarter)
- Get 4 complimentary international lounge visits
You can go for My Zone card, if you love to splurge on dining, watching movies and online shopping, especially on weekends. Because on weekends, you get an accelerated reward points
You can find big discounts (up to 20%) and (5X) reward points using Axis My Zone credit card on weekends.
However, you can use My Zone card any day to get 25% discount on booking movie tickets online. The drawback is that the maximum discount is capped at Rs. 1000 per year.
- First year: Nil
- Second Year: Rs. 500
Joining Fees: Rs. 500 (the first year waived upon spends of Rs. 5,000 in 45 days)
- Get 100 bonus reward points on first online transaction
- Earn 4 reward points per Rs. 200 on regular spend.
- Get 10X reward points on weekend dining spends
- Earn 5X reward points per Rs. 200 spend on shopping on weekends
- Get 1% Fuel surcharge waiver
- Enjoy 1 domestic complimentary lounge access per quarter
ICICI Expressions credit card offers Rs. 100 discount on two movie tickets booked on BookMyShow. You can avail the discount twice every month, which means you can save Rs. 2,400 each year on movie tickets only.
Apart from movies, you get to relish 15% savings while dining at over 2100 partnered restaurants. Plus you get 1 complimentary visit to domestic airport lounge every quarter.
The card is good for dining, visiting the airport lounge while your travel, along with other regular spends.
Annual fee – Rs. 499 (spend Rs. 1,50,000 in a year and get next year fee waiver)
- Earn 3 payback points on every Rs. 100 spent (except fuel).
- Get 1 payback points on every Rs. 100 spent on utilities and insurance
- Get 1 complimentary domestic airport lounge visit per quarter
- Enjoy 15% discount on your dining bill at over 2,500 participating restaurants
- Get 1% on fuel surcharge every time you refuel at HPCL pump.
Kotak PVR gold is designed for the movie buffs. You will really enjoy watching 24 free movies on PVR. The free movie tickets are restricted to a maximum of 2 tickets per month and are provided on the basis of your monthly spends.
You will get one free PVR movie ticket on spends of Rs. 10,000 in a month. However, on spending a higher amount of Rs. 15,000 you can get 2 movie tickets in a monthly billing cycle.
This way every year, you can get up to 24 free PVR movies tickets worth Rs. 9600.
The drawback is that the card does not give any reward points on spends like other credit cards.
Annual Fee- Rs. 499
- Get 1 PVR voucher on your 1st swipe worth Rs. 200
- Credit card liability insurance up to Rs. 50,000
- Maximum free ticket price capped at Rs. 400
The co-branded Titanium card is an entertainment-oriented card for exclusive benefits for spends on entertainment, movies and dining. You can get discounts of up to 25% off on purchasing movies tickets at BookMyShow and Cinepolis.
Even, there is a discount of 50% on tickets for the open-air cinema.
With HDFC Titanium Times card you can save up to Rs. 1800 every year on the movie tickets.
Annual Fee – Rs. 500 (spend Rs. 1,50,000 in a year and get next year fee waiver)
- Get 2 reward points per Rs. 150 spent
- Earn 5 reward points on every Rs. 150 spent on dining
- Get 1% fuel surcharge waiver
- Get zero liability on lost card
- Get up to 15% off on dining at participating outlets
Your Axis bank Neo credit card is good for online shopping, especially for those who transact frequently on Myntra, BookMyShow, Jabong, Freecharge and RedBus. You can save up to 10% in the form of discounts or cashback while shopping on these websites.
You even get BookMyShow vouchers worth Rs. 300 as a welcome gift. Apart from welcome gift vouchers, you can enjoy a 10% discount on booking a movie ticket through BookMyShow. The spoiler is that- the maximum discount is capped at Rs. 50 per month.
Annual Fee & Welcome Gift
Joining Fee – Rs. 250 (waived upon spends of Rs. 2500 in 45 days)
Annual Fee – Rs. 250 (+ welcome gift vouchers total worth Rs. 1050)
- Get 10% discount when you shop at Myntra, RedBus or Freecharge
- Earn 1 reward points per Rs. 100 spend
- Get a 15% discount at Axis partner restaurants
- Earn 100 reward points worth Rs. 25.
- Cap on maximum discount diminishes the benefits.
The best card which gives you great savings on movie tickets is ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card where you get Rs. 12000 worth of savings on movie spends.