Last Update: 7 May 2019
Credit Cards in India come with a variety of annual fees. But some of them offer welcome gifts equal to or more than the sign in charges. Others apart from providing you gift, offer a luxury of fee waiver at an expense of a certain amount in the year.
We have researched for the best no annual fees Credit Cards from top credit cards of India.
The annual fee for Credit Card is not a huge concern for spendthrifts. But for people like you and me saving every penny which can be saved with a little effort, counts.
Select Your Favorite Section
- Best Lifetime Free Credit Card in India
- Best Credit Card in India with No Annual Fee (Annual Fee waiver Credit Cards)
Best Lifetime Free Credit Card in India
#1. Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card
Standard chartered platinum rewards credit card is the best option if you are applying credit card for the first time and looking for a No Annual Fees credit card for life.
You have a high chance of approval of Platinum card if you are a salaried employee.
(Approval rate is good in case you have a minimum salary of Rs. 25,000 per month from Private or Government job)
Annual Fee: NiL
(Note: Application link may say joining fees of Rs. 250 but that will be waived off when you use your credit card within first 90 days – Actually it’s ZERO Annual fees but they charge so that you use the card after approval)
Standard Chartered Credit Card Benefits
- Easy approval
- Additional 1000 rewards points if you transact within 60 days
- Bonus 500 points for registering for online banking
- 5 points on spending 150 rupees on dining
- 5 points on spending 150 on fuel
- 1 reward points on spending 150 on any other category
- Additional discounts & offers from Ola, Uber, Grofers, Yatra, that keep on changing with time
Best for – Salaried people who want to own all rounder credit card
#2. ICICI Instant Platinum Card
Apply for ICICI Platinum credit card in case your application gets denied for Standard Chartered Platinum.
ICICI bank also offers you instant credit card against the fixed deposit if you have a saving account with ICICI bank. You can simply log on to ICICI online banking and apply for the card.
Annual Fee: 199 rupees (waiver on spending Rs. 2000 within 60 days of approval)
Best Used for: First Time Credit Card applicants.
- 3 payback points for every Rs.100 spent.
- Global Emergency Assistance and Card replacement service available.
- Get ₹ 100 off on movie tickets twice a month.
- Enjoy delicious treats at minimum 15% savings at over 800 leading restaurants across 10 cities in India.
- 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver can be availed on fuel transaction of maximum ₹ 4,000 at HPCL pumps
#3. ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card
ICICI Amazon Pay credit card lifetime free credit card and best for Amazon shoppers.
You can save up to 5% on every shopping on Amazon.
Application Process – One drawback is that you cannot apply directly for the credit card. You would see an invite inside your Amazon Mobile App and receive an email from Amazon. Only then you can get this amazon pay credit card.
You will invite only if you already have an ICICI credit card.
Make sure you add your existing ICICI credit card into Amazon account to get the invite. If you don’t have ICICI credit card then apply for a lifetime free ICICI Platinum Credit Card.
Annual Fees – NIL (Lifetime free)
Benefits of Amazon Pay Credit Card
- 5% cash back for Amazon Prime customers
- 3% cash back for non-prime customers
- No cap on cashback, minimum transaction- Rs. 3000
- 2% cash back when using as a preferred payment method
- 1% cash back on all other payments
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver
#4. HSBC Visa Platinum Card
HSBC Platinum credit card is a lifetime free credit card best for basic usage.
Annual Fee: Nil.
HSBC Platinum credit card benefits
- 3X rewards on dining, hotels and telecom categories for the first year
- 2 reward points for every ₹150 spent
- 5X rewards after crossing the milestone of ₹ 4 lakh in a year.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver
- Get ₹2000 Cleartrip voucher on the first transaction
- Get 10% cashback (up to ₹2500) for making 9 transactions totaling to ₹10,000 in the first 90 days
- Entertainment ticket voucher worth ₹500 on spending over ₹50,000 in a calendar month
The benefits are not as great as seem. Either the benefits are one time or you have to spend a lot to get better rewards.
Best Credit Card in India with No Annual Fee (Annual Fee waiver Credit Cards)
#5. Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card
Manhattan is the only card that offers a direct 5% cash back on your grocery shopping in the supermarkets. You only need to make a minimum transaction of Rs. 1000 to get 5% cashback. The maximum cashback is capped at Rs. 500 per month (Rs. 150 per transaction).
SC Manhattan credit card comes with an annual fee but if you have credit card annual spend of more than 1.2 lakh then you will enjoy the benefits free of cost.
Annual fee: Rs. 999 ( waived off with 1.2 Lakhs annual spending)
- 5% cash back on credit card expenditure at supermarkets & department stores
- 3 rewards points per Rs. 150 spent on all other spends
- Rs. 2000 BookMyShow voucher on the first transaction done within 90 days of card setup
#6. Amex Membership Rewards Credit Card
Amex Membership Rewards is the only card that gives bonus rewards points on adding money to wallets like Paytm, Amazon Pay and Freecharge.
You can earn 1,000 bonus membership rewards points worth Rs. 400 every month by simply doing 4 transactions of Rs. 1000 each.
First Year Annual Fee – Rs. 1000
Second Year onwards – Rs. 4500 (+earn 5000 reward points upon renewal)
Note: Annual fee is waived off when you apply using the below link, also earn 2000 bonus points.
Membership Rewards Card Benefits:
- 2000 referral bonus points when you apply using the above link.
- 1000 Bonus points for using your Card 4 times every month.
- Earn 1 MR point on Rs.50 spent on all spends except for spending
#7. SBI Simply Click Credit Card
SBI Simply Click credit card is best for all your online shopping needs. The card gives you 10X rewards on Amazon, BookMyShow, Cleartrip, Foodpanda, Lenskart, and UrbanClap.
The card comes with an annual fee of Rs 499 but you will get the annual fee waiver and enjoy the free credit card.
Annual Fee: 499 ( get a waiver on spending 1 Lakh )
Best For : online shopping
Welcome & Milestone Benefits
- Get Amazon.in gift card worth Rs. 500 on joining
- Cleartrip e-voucher worth Rs. 2,000 when you cross annual online spends of Rs. 1 Lakh
- Another Cleartrip e-voucher worth Rs. 2,000, if you spend an additional Rs. 1 Lakh
SBI Simply Click credit card benefits
- 10 reward point on Rs. 100 spend at the partnered brand
- 5 reward point on Rs. 100 spend on other online spends
- Each reward point is worth Re. 0.20
- Earn 1 reward point per Rs. 100 on all other spends
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver
#8. Kotak Royale Signature Credit Card
Annual Fee: 999 (spend 1 lac and get annual fee waiver)
Best Used for: Lifestyle expenses.
- 4X reward points on every Rs. 150 spent on Hotels | Restaurants | Travel Agencies & Tour Operators | Package Tour Operators | Airlines and Air Carriers | International
- 2X rewards elsewhere
- 2 Complimentary access to Airport Lounges every quarter in India
- Fuel surcharge waiver on transactions above Rs. 500
- Railway surcharge waiver for transactions on www.irctc.co.in
#9. HDFC Moneyback Card
HDFC moneyback credit card is a basic credit card offered. The MoneyBack credit card comes with an annual fee of Rs 500 but the bank offers lifetime free credit card to their bank account holders.
Annual Fee: Lifetime free for HDFC customers
- You earn 2 reward points per Rs. 150 spent
- Get 4 reward points per Rs. 150 on online spends
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver (min transaction Rs. 400)
- You can redeem reward points for the statement credit
#10. IndusInd Bank WorldMiles Credit Card
Annual Fee: Nil.
Best Used for: Travel.
- 2.5% fuel surcharge waivers at any petrol pump.
- Earn upto 3 SpendMiles on routine purchases.
- Offers at Bon Vivant outlets at major cities.
- Cover for the total credit limit for fraud cases.
- Air Accident insurance up to Rs. 25 lakhs.
- Rs. 1 lakh for lost baggage insurance. Get up to Rs. 25,000 for delayed baggage, ticket loss, lost passport up to Rs. 50,000 and missing the connecting flight insurance from ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited.
#11. Citibank Rewards Domestic Credit Card
Annual Fee: Rs. 1000.
Fee Waiver: Annual fee is waived off after a purchase of Rs. 30,000.
Best Used for: Shopping.
- Earn 10 Reward Points on Rs. 125 expense made at Apparel and Department stores.
- Earn 1 reward point for spending Rs. 125 anywhere else.
- Redeem at departmental stores, retail shopping sites, travel sites or frequent flyers.
- No expiration for RP.
Also, read – Best credit card in India
Which Card Should You Apply?
If you are a first-time credit card user, then apply for reward paying credit card without any annual fees – Standard Chartered Platinum Credit Card.
If you think your application wouldn’t accept then apply for ICICI Platinum credit card.